Lupus lifestyle: Add the good stuff to your to-do list

I made a list of things to do this week - a combination of work stuff, home stuff, and things for the girls. Some tasks will require an hour or two of my time, or even several days to get through. Others, I'll accomplish in 10 minutes or less. 

It's funny what I deem important enough to write down. "Replace light bulb" is on there, but so is "design website for re-launch".  I see that my lists are a way to organize my time, but also remember the stuff I might forget, or motivate to do the things that I'm hesitant to tackle. 

Actually, if I made a list of what I want to do, here's what it would look like:

"Sit by the fire and finish my book."

"Make a batch of mini chocolate chip cookies"

And probably "walk the dog."

That's it. 

That's what I really want to do this week. 

When I think about about this second list, I literally get a warm and cozy feeling inside. I smile. My skin tingles in that wonderful way that makes you charged with anticipation. 

But there's so much other stuff that gets in the way. Stuff that definitely doesn't make me tingle. Prickle, maybe. Feel electrified, no. 

So here's what I'm going to try this week. I'll keep the light bulb and the website redesign on the list, among other tasks.  But I'm going to add the the walk, the cookies, and the fireside reading. I'll intersperse the good stuff in and among the not so fun. Or maybe it's the easy mingled with the hard. Or the quick with the long. 

In any case, this week's list is going to include musts and wants. I'll let you know how it goes. The cookies are going to be quite the reward after accomplishing something on the list!

Comments

Popular Posts