Lupus and Nutrition: My favorite Protein Oatmeal Bites

Here's a recipe that makes me feel good - Protein Oatmeal Bites. 

So good. So filling. So full of protein.

Two of these in the morning with a cup of tea sets me off in the right direction. A sensible lunch, plus another one of these as an after school snack along with some fruit gets me through until dinner. 

My kids consider them a good go-to for breakfast, a snack, or as dessert. With just 1 1/2 Tablespoons of brown sugar in the whole batch, that makes me pretty happy! 

Here's the recipe. If I can find the original owner, I will update to give credit! 

Delicious Protein Oatmeal Bites

1 1/4 cup oats

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1 egg

2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil (or olive oil)

1 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 Tablespoon chia seeds (I sprinkle a little extra in there)

1 Tablespoon flax seed

2 Tablespoons peanut butter 

1/4 -1/2 c chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl. 

Using a cookie scoop, drop mixture onto cookie sheet. You can also shape into balls and flatten. 

Bake 10 min. Enjoy!















Comments

Popular Posts