Lupus and Life in Balance. Finding the right combination that works!



Life's all about balance, don't you think?

I've had a lot of trial and error over the years with medication, nutrition, exercise regimen, and work/life balance, all in an effort to keep lupus as quiet as possible. It was definitely not a straight line, and it took longer than I'd hoped. (Couldn't there be a 10 day Z-Pack kind of thing for Lupus? Consider this my official request.) 

In fact, many may claim that there's a SINGLE method to being healthy and living well, even with lupus. I don't think they could be further from the truth. It's a unique combination of factors for each of us. For me - striking a balance between eating well, exercising, proper medication, sufficient rest, following doctor's orders, and tending my mental and spiritual gardens gives me a wonderful base to work from. The hardest adjustments to make were most definitely lifestyle changes - like more rest and less work. Those two may sound quick and easy on paper, but they impact just about every aspect of life - career, kids, finances, vacation, social life, caregiving, etc. But I've found a healthy combination that works for me. I sacrifice a little here, to get a whole lot of life there. My family and I have come to appreciate the success I've had, and try not to take it for granted. 

How about you? What's keeping your lupus at bay today? 

Comments

Popular Posts