Lupus and High Risk Pregnancy: LISTEN NOW! Great Podcast about Telemedicine from StuffThatWorks!

Having two successful lupus pregnancies under my belt, I was looking forward to listening to this latest podcast from StuffThatWorks. Featuring Dr. Chavi Eve Karkowsky, high-risk pregnancy doctor in New York City, the interview covers her thoughts on the new role Telemedicine is playing in health care today. It's a great listen, as she points out the many efficiencies that have arisen as a result of telehealth, as well as the limitations of talking with your doctor via computer. 

Be sure to listen until the end - when she gives her final tips on using telemedicine. One of her last points - maximizing the benefits of your healthcare provider's portal (when they have one) - is unfortunately something I am guilty of not doing. I should probably reframe my view - and try to see these portals as a complementary tool to the doctor's care, rather than the login/password/information overload headache that I currently do. We all have things to work on, right?

Take a listen at the link below. Let me know what you think! 

StuffThatWorks Podcast: All You Need to Know about Telemedicine

Comments

Popular Posts