"There are decades where nothing happens;

and there are weeks where decades happen."


                         ---Vladimir Ilich Lenin

My husband came across this quote recently in an article, in which the author was discussing the idea of adapting to different situations. Upon reading Lenin's words, I immediately thought of the times since I've been diagnosed with lupus, where in just a short period of time, I've felt like I've aged a lifetime. Not just physically, but mentally, too. Weeks where I've come to a whole new understanding of my life with a chronic illness. Days where I've made life-altering decisions that have set me on a new path to wellness.

Of all the weeks that have passed with lupus in tow, I think the weeks surrounding my diagnosis are probably summed up best by the quote above. My life was forever changed in those few short weeks between my honeymoon and the moment when it was confirmed that I had systemic lupus. That was fourteen years ago, almost to the day.

Lupus led me down a path I never thought I'd go. But now that I'm here, I think I'll continue to make the most of it.

How about you?

Comments

Popular Posts