Setting myself up to succeed


A funny thing happened on the way to the kitchen yesterday...

I'd made myself a sandwich for lunch, eaten it, and headed back to the kitchen for a little something more. My first stop was the pretzel canister - but it was empty. My next thought was the fruit drawer in the refrigerator - but I found nothing. I then checked the pantry for some teddy grahams, graham crackers, or the like, and the only thing I found were crumbs.

So you know what I resorted to? The homemade chocolate chip cookies I'd made that morning. I had no intention of eating any (at least not as part of my lunch), but the plate I'd made up for my babysitter, Leticia was just sitting there. And since there wasn't anything else to accompany my sandwich, I had to supplement with a cookie.

Now don't get me wrong - I'm not berating myself for eating one measley cookie (or for the 2nd and 3rd I had later that day.) But what interests me is that I ended up chomping down on the sweet stuff simply because I hadn't stocked the kitchen with the good stuff. Guess it's time to order groceries again. Here I come, Peapod!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good for you and trying to choose healthy.

Yeah, I would have said "screw the healthy" and gone straight for the cookie--or worse, a pint of Ben and Jerry's. :-)
Sara Gorman said…
Oooh...that sounds good. Cherry Garcia would probably do the trick for me right about now.
Anonymous said…
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/blogs/the-inbox/rashes-glory-ruthell-extraordinary-story-091816549.html

Popular Posts