Off to Annapolis tomorrow for LFA's Take Charge and Make a Change event!

Looking forward to speaking at tomorrow's LFA DC/MD/VA event in Annapolis, MD! The workshop, entitled "Take Charge and Make a Change"is a multi-topic seminar that will focus on empowering individuals to advocate for themselves on a social and political level to overcome healthcare barriers. I'll be covering the social aspect - how to feel more confident when talking about lupus, and how to prepare yourself for the questions and answers when you say, "I have lupus." (What a loaded statement, right?)  

Hope you can join me - my books and Pillbags will also be available for sale. Be sure to come by and say hello! 


WHAT: Take Charge and Make a Change
Lupus Foundation of America, DC/MD/VA Chapter

WHEN: Saturday, September 14, 2013

11 am - 2 pm

WHERE: Anne Arundel Medical Center

2001 Medical Parkway
Annapolis, MD 21401

Morning: Legislative Issues of Relevance to the Lupus Community
Gene Ransom III, CEO of the Maryland State Medical Society

Lunch: Lunch and Learn about Lupus
Sean Whelton, MD, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington D.C.

Afternoon: Finding Your Voice
Sara Gorman, Author of "Despite Lupus: How to Live Well with a Chronic Illness"

Comments

Unknown said…
Sorry I missed the event.. I have had Lupus since 2006. I just ran up on your article in Everyday Health. It certainly changes your life... but I have adjusted some days are harder than others but I count my blessings.I have a wonderful husband that supports me...and he has seen some pretty bad stuff and he just hangs right in there for better and for worse I must say..
Sara Gorman said…
Aren't those supportive husbands the best? I'm not sure WHERE I would be without mine...in fact, he accompanied me to the Annapolis event so that I could nap on the way home. True love, right?! Hope you can catch another event. If you can make it to Richmond, VA, on 10/5/13, you can grab the second Take Charge seminar! Thanks so much for sharing.

Popular Posts