Despite Lupus Webinar tomorrow - Tues, 1/8/13 at 12:30pm!


I've just put the finishing touches on the S.L.E. Lupus Webinar for tomorrow afternoon, and I'm hoping you can make it! Be sure to take a moment to click here to registerand click here to make sure your computer is set for the webinar. It won't take but a few moments. And get your questions ready. I'll look forward to hearing from you during the event. There will be opportunities for audience polls, write-in questions, and more! 


***
Details: 

When you have a chronic illness, going to the doctor can seem like a full-time job. That’s why it’s so important to make each and every appointment count. In Listen Up, Doc!, you’ll learn tips on how to effectively prepare for and manage your appointments, pointers that go well beyond “make a list of questions”. And you’ll hear, first-hand from a patient-author, how to avoid the pitfalls that might be preventing you from getting the most out of your appointments. The goal?  Effective appointments that equal effective treatment, every single time!

Tuesday, January 8th, 2013. 12:30 to 1:30pm

Attendee Takeaways:

•    Learn how to prepare for doctor’s appointments
•    Learn how to make the most of your doctor’s appointments
•    Avoid pitfalls at doctor’s appointments
•    Effective Appointments = Effective Treatment

Who Should Attend:
•    People with lupus, particularly newly diagnosed 
•    Spouses and loved ones of people with lupus
•    Caretakers
•    Anyone with a chronic illness

***


Comments

Sarah said…
Hi, I'm Sarah. I just finished listening to most of your webinar. I had a hard time getting connected so I was about 20 minutes late getting into it. What I heard though, I loved!

I'm newly diagnosed and have had to really fight to be heard for almost 7 years. (It's taken that long for anything to show in my blood work.) We recently moved, so I made a list of everything that has been going on for the last 6+ years to give to my new doctor. I also took pictures to show what my face looks like from sun exposure. I've now started doing that for all of the weird skin and nail stuff because I don't always have it going on when I go to the doctor. You also validated my feelings of asserting myself, so thank you for that. I don't need to feel guilt, I need to take care of my body.

I've been writing down daily symptoms in my little purse calendar, but I love your idea of a spread sheet. I've started to make the correlation of busy, hectic days with the feeling bad days. I liked that with the spreadsheet you can see the whole picture for a period of time and easily see the connection of stress & flare. I think I'm going to borrow that idea. Thanks for that too!

And finally, I want to thank you for taking your time to inform and help people with Lupus. It makes me feel like I'm not so alone.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week! :)
Sara Gorman said…
I'm so happy you were able to walk away with something useful from the webinar! i think your photos are a great idea...i have some "swollen" pictures of my nose somewhere that i used years ago to illustrate my symptom to the doctor. it worked great...because as you say, our symptoms rarely cooperate and "show" themselves the day of an appointment. :) hope the spreadsheet works for you, too. i found that anything that created a visual picture of my symptoms was helpful. that way, there was no denying, underplaying, or misinterpreting them. thanks for your wonderful comment and take care!
Tony Madureira said…
Olá Sara,

Como estás agora?

Tudo de bom,

Tony

Popular Posts