Healthline's Best Lupus Blogs of 2014 - Despite Lupus makes the cut!

Thanks to Healthline for voting Despite Lupus one of the Best lupus blog of 2014. I'm so excited to be included. The other blogs listed are some of the best lupus resources on the internet today. I'm so honored to be among them!

Seems like just yesterday that I posted about being part of Healthline's 2013 Best blog list (because it practically was! They just announced that list in January.) If I have any chance of being considered for next year's list, I better get back to blogging, right?

With my recent speaking schedule, a welcomed succession of house guests, and a surge in pillbag business, something had to give. I was determined that it wasn't going to be my health, so I put off blogging for a couple of weeks. Good news is that I'm feeling phenomenal (my cellcept has kicked in - goodbye, flare!), and I have much to talk about. Can't wait to share it all!

In my travels, I met so many wonderful people, many of whom are devoted DL followers. Most of them had their favorite posts, or most pored-over DL subjects, but all of them said that along with the content of the blog, the comments were instrumental in helping them manage life with lupus. And the comments are all YOU!

Know that while the posts make a blog tick, the comments, interaction, and perspectives of the readers are what make it hum. So thanks to all of you for chiming in. I love hearing from you, and the rest of the lupus world does, too!


Comments

Mary said…
I am right there with you. I have been losing hair like crazy. My whole head is thinning, but beginning to see whole bald spots. I am thinking of cute ways to wear scarves as a cover for the bald spots(headband style)Vanity is tough to overcome. I am also battling prednisone weight gain. I know there are people worse off, but I am going to have my pity party and hopefully come out the other side a little bit stronger.
Sara Gorman said…
Oh, we WILL come out stronger...no doubt about it! Best of luck with those crummy side effects- and thanks for understanding about the frustrations of hair loss!

Popular Posts