In Indianapolis for lupus awareness!

What a great day for lupus awareness! It was so exciting to join the LFA Indiana chapter at the Indianapolis State Capitol building for a fun filled event to promote lupus awareness. The LFA's Purple bus was there to provide a little lupus education, and I took the opportunity to tour it again. 

It was also "POP" - put on purple day, and I had the honor of speaking alongside Secretary of State Connie Lawson, First Lady Karen Spence, and  the State Health Commissioner, Dr. William Van Ness II. As you can see from the pics below, Dr. Van Ness and I also got to pose with the Indy 500 Race Princesses, along with the dynamic Jane Ferris, President of the LFA Indiana chapter. My mom joined me for the event and you'll see her below, too, touring the purple bus and signing a petition to support lupus. Go, Mom, go! 





Comments

Popular Posts