LFA DMV Annual Maryland Summit, Saturday, Nov 2nd. See you there!

I can't believe we're almost to November! The Fall is flying by, but I hope you can find time to join me this weekend at LFA DMV's educational summit in Baltimore, MD. I'll be there, making my Pillbags and books available for sale, but I plan to slip in and catch some of the speakers. There will be some real lupus powerhouses presenting on some great subjects. See below for agenda highlights, and you can learn more and register here. See you then!

Saturday, November 2, 2013
Registration:  8:30am - 9:00am
Summit:  9:00am - 3:30pm
John Hopkins University Turner Auditorium
720 Rutland Avenue Baltimore, MD

For more info:
www.Lupus.org/dmv/info@LupusDMV.org/

1-(888) 787-5380
 

Opening Session

Treatment Updates
Michelle Petri, MD, MPH 

A great deal is happening in lupus-related research. This presentation will update participants on recent research developments and their impact on those affected by lupus.  Dr. Petri will provide an overview of current lupus research and the prospects for the future of lupus treatments. Learn how to better manage your lupus and make knowledgeable decisions regarding your treatment plan.

General Sessions

Lupus and the Heart
Adnan N Kiani M.D., M.P.H
Living with Lupus: Managing your Health Through Healthy Choices
Diana Sugiuchi, RD/LDN, ACSM-HFS


Lupus 101
Howard Hauptman, MD

Building Resiliency and Managing Transitions
Lisa Covington, MSW, LSW


Cognitive Issues and Lupus
Sarah Weden Psy. D


Lupus and Navigating the Disability Process
Sharon Christie, RN.Esq


Managing Life as a Lupus Caregiver
Michelle Sun Smith, PhD


Lupus and Men
Paul DeMarco, MD


Afternoon Warm-up Yoga
Lorena Lues Wellness Group Trainer and Certified Holistic Health Coach

Closing Session

The Lupus Secrets
Donald Thomas Jr., MD, FACP, FACR, CCD

This session will provide people with lupus information on tangible actions that can improve their health. Dr. Thomas will go through each “secret” describing the rationale behind each recommendation and what the most important things all SLE patients should do on a regular basis in order to manage their lupus the best they can.


Comments

really interested in the "lupus secrets" in the closing session. I wish I could go! can you share with all of us afterwards? xoxo
Sara Gorman said…
Oh, I will! Dr. Thomas is one of the best - he's really down to earth and talks in a way that patients can really understand. I'll share everything I can!!! Thanks for asking!! SG
Anonymous said…
I had all the plans on attending the summitt but, due to unforseen circumstances I'm currently using a mobility device. Unfortunately, the planners did not make preparations for disabled persons to be shuttled from the parking area to the facility. Some, just see it as an oversight, I guess because they are not in my shoes. I hope all information is available online to read at a later date.
Sara Gorman said…
thanks for commenting! i actually think they may be able to accommodate you--if you'd like to attend, contact nalani at info@lupusdmv.org. Be sure to tell her that sara at despite lupus sent u. i know they always try their best to make sure everyone can attend! if u go, be sure to stop by and say hi!
Unknown said…
Hello, Sara: Thank you for your kind words. I just wanted you and your readers, such as Jen Sharp Gorman, who may have missed the Summit. I have posted my lecture Power Point presentation here: http://www.slideshare.net/LupusEncyclopedia/lupus-secrets-for-nonmedical-people-patients-and-families . I hope the link works. by Donald Thomas, MD http://facebook.com/LupusEncyclopedia
Sara Gorman said…
Sounds good, Dr. Thomas! thanks for the follow up - i'll try and post the link in a blog post soon. This is perfect!

Popular Posts