The benefits of choosing well

Simply put, Saturday was the perfect day. I made a ton of healthy choices right in a row, laying the groundwork for a positively perfect day and an all-around outstanding weekend.

What decisions did I make that made for such a great day? Try these on for size:

1) On Friday night, Johnny and I only watched 30 minutes of a movie, opting to turn it off early in order to get a good night's sleep. On Saturday morning, I woke up rested and ready for the lupus workshop where I was giving a brief presentation. My strategy worked like a charm.

2) Because I was rested, I got up at the first sound of the alarm, rather than snoozing it a couple of times...giving me plenty of time to get ready. I love not rushing!

3) I'd asked my dad (who was visiting) if he could drive me to the workshop which was almost 2 hours away. It was the best move of the day - we got to catch up the whole drive down, I could relax and focus on prepping for my presentation, and I didn't have to worry about following directions to a place I'd never been. It was ideal!

4) I took a nap on the ride home, because my dad was driving. Seriously - it was the best! (If he hadn't been driving, I definitely would have had to pull over to find a spot to rest before making the drive back home. He saved me so much time and hassle.

5) And because I was rested, when I got home, I was able to visit with both of my girls, rather than rush off to nap. What's more, I was able to read Deirdre a story before her nap - which I rarely do anymore because her nap time is usually my nap time, too.

5) I was able to take a second nap of the day, because both girls were sleeping. (Be still, my heart!)

6) Johnny offered to go to the store while we slept...and I let him!

What a day! It was perfect in every way. From start to finish, I made choices that allowed me to do what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it. Wow. The benefits of living well just keep on coming...

Comments

Popular Posts