Lupus and Medication: This is your Reminder to stick to your regimen!

This post is a reminder to take your medication. 

Personally, I've been lax about taking my vitamin D over the last couple of months. Not completely negligent. Just not 100% consistent. And I ignored the doctor's suggestion to start taking a B12 vitamin for energy. In fairness, she said I didn't have to start the B12. Only if I felt like trying it. 

And I didn't feel like trying it. 

So I didn't.

But it turns out it's beneficial. 

And both supplements help my fatigue and energy. Not so much that they eliminate the need for my nap (if only!), but they do make a difference.

This is not my first post about forgetting to take part of my over the counter pill regimen.  You can read about my past run-ins with OTC medication here.  I'm good about taking prescription meds - I don't stray at all. But when it comes to prescribed OTC treatment that I buy off the drugstore shelves? I don't know - I errantly think of it as optional. And less important. Which is a totally ridiculous way to view it, one that I don't condone at all. 

So for anyone struggling to go pick up that OTC medication or supplement - just do it. Don't wait. Order it on Instacart. Add it to your Amazon Prime order. Make it happen. 

Comments

Popular Posts